Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Bad Day at the Beach, by Steve Trembley

I had a bad day at the beach today.
The beach had too much sand.
A leaf fell from a hanging bough,
and almost hit my hand.

The water was too wet and clear;
itʼs temperature too warm.
The sun was bright and hurt my eyes.
There was no cloud or storm.

My skin got moist and sticky,
because of all the salt.
I left my towel upon the bus.
I know it was my fault.

Too many pretty girls walked by,
while wearing tiny clothes.
My stomach hung above my trunks.
I probably looked gross.

A flip-flop then fell off my foot.
I had to put it back.
Although we ate a while ago,
I need another snack.
We didnʼt get to see a whale,
because none came in close.
And now my skin is turning red,
especially my nose.

I have to choose between taking a nap,
and going back into the sea.
There are so many problems,
I must say “Woe is me”.

And now my feet are wrinkled,
my hair is just a mess.
Could anything be worse than this?
I think the answerʼs yes.

Cause any day spent on the beach,
(I say this with a smirk),
Is better than any other,
especially going to work.

I miss my home in Kansas,
with stranded trucks and cars.
But Iʼd trade that, for where weʼre at.
Good stuff for my memoirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment